Weekly Roundup- June 22, 2020
A weekly roundup of events, webcasts and more from our supporters across the Real Estate industry.
National Real Estate Investor: Leveraging Technology to Effectively Manage Investor Relationships— and Prepare Them for New Market Opportunities
Tuesday | June 23, 2020 | 1:00 pm (Eastern)
Attend this timely webinar and learn:
- How investor management technology can be used to build trust and address evolving investor expectations
- Ways data and technology can be used to prepare for, acknowledge, overcome, and leverage market shifts
- How top firms are applying data and technology to identify, assess, and manage new market opportunities
UIC Alumni Exchange: Job Search Strategies During COVID-19
Tuesday | June 23, 2020 | 6:00 pm (Central)
Presented by Career Coach and Alumna Liz Herrera BA ’00. Liz will walk us through a process she uses with her clients that covers self-reflection, analyzing skills and developing a professional brand. She’ll demonstrate how to apply these strategies to hone interview skills and leverage LinkedIn. By the end you’ll have the tools needed to organize an action plan and start taking steps in your job search.
CBRE: Collegiate Summer Camp Series, Commercial Real Estate 101
Wednesday | June 24, 2020 | 2:00 pm (Central)
CBRE will host the final session of the Collegiate Summer Camp Series, Commercial Real Estate 101 on June 24th, from 2:00 – 3:00 PM.
NAIOP Chicago: Where’s the Lending?
Wednesday | June 24, 2020 | 8:30 am (Central)
On June 24th we will hear from our panel of industry experts as they address, “Where’s the Lending?”. The discussion will be focused around where and how you can finance your next project. Topics will include:
- Where institutional partners are lending.
- What new restrictions or lending hurdles are being imposed that will make lending more difficult.
- How lenders are pricing given the limited transaction data post lockdown.
- Will developers be required to sign personal guarantees on construction loans?
- What leverage as a percentage of cost can developers expect to receive on construction loans?
Walker & Dunlop: Walker Webcast with Leslie Hale, CEO of RLJ Lodging Trust
Wednesday | June 24, 2020 | 12:30 pm (Eastern)
In this Walker Webcast, Willy and Leslie will focus on:
- Outlook for hospitality industry
- The state of retail — malls, main street and online
- Top strategies for recruiting and promoting women and minorities
Chicago Loop Alliance: Downtown Futures Series: Retail Reset
Thursday | June 25, 2020 | 10:00 am (Eastern)
Up until March, the consensus was that brick-and-mortar retailers would need to employ an experience-oriented strategy to compete with the online threat, offering various in-store activities and amenities to get shoppers to visit, linger, and ultimately spend. But COVID-19 has flipped the script, presenting the twin challenge of luring shoppers and then keeping them moving. How will this ultimately play out, and what will be the new normal?
HEEF: Virtual Roundtable: Summer Series: Where Do We Go From Here? Insights and Predictions for the Future of Multi-Family Real Estate
Thursday | June 25, 2020 | 1:00 pm (Central)
The Harold E. Eisenberg Foundation’s Roundtable Summer Series will give small groups of students the opportunity to participate in intimate conversations with industry leaders in virtual chat rooms. This week’s panelists are Erin Spears, Executive Vice President, Acquisitions- North America, Heitman; Lee Kiser, Principal/ Managing Broker, Kiser Group; Sheila Loberg, Chief Executive Officer, SHEcon Development & Construction.
- Walker & Dunlop, Inc., in partnership with Project Destined, REPLI, and REIRail, announced the launch of a paid summer internship program for high school and college students from diverse backgrounds
- NRF Foundation: Retail Industry Fundamentals is now FREE
- You’ve secured a virtual interview, Now, land the job with these tips
- Watch the webinar recording of Hunt Real Estate Capital: A Lender’s Response to COVID-19
- Check out the latest open positions on our Job Opportunities Board
The Weekly Roundup is populated by submission. Please send tips to firstname.lastname@example.org.