Kiser Group’s Birk | Sklar team hit the ground running in 2022 after facilitating 73 total transactions in 2021, breaking the city’s record for multifamily properties sold in a year by a broker or team of brokers. Three weeks into the new year, the team – led by Kiser Group Partners Noah Birk and Aaron Sklar – has 21 properties on the market with an additional 38 apartment buildings already under contract.
“In 2021, demand outpaced the city’s low supply of properties,” said Birk. “We expect to see this trend continue, as high cap rates, readily available capital and low-interest rates create a perfect environment for those looking to enter or expand their multifamily portfolio.”
According to transaction data from CoStar, Birk and Sklar are the only brokers in Chicago to sell more than 50 buildings in a year. The previous record, also held by Birk and Sklar, was set in 2017 with a total of 53 closings. With 38 apartment buildings already under contract and 21 properties on the market, the Birk | Sklar team is on pace to break another record in 2022.
“We’re leveraging our expert knowledge of the South and West sides of the city to help clients with properties on the market, and we’re seeing great results so far,” said Sklar. “Both local and international investors have their eyes on Chicago,” said Sklar.
Notable properties currently on the market include:
- The Clyde South Shore Portfolio: 36 units, $3,450,000
- The Bronzeville HAP Portfolio: 21 units, $3,200,000
- 7816 S. Cornell: 31 units, $3,133,000
- 4512 & 4526 S. Calumet: 12 units, $2,200,000
Kiser Group’s Birk | Sklar team includes Noah Birk, Aaron Sklar, Jack Petrando, Austin Parker, Justin Turner and Michael Yangas.
- 1/19/22 | Multifamily Press – Kiser Group’s Birk | Sklar Team Sees No Slow Down After Setting New City Record for Transactions in 2021
- 1/19/22 | Connect CRE – Birk | Sklar Team Hits the Ground Running as 2022 Begins