Kiser Group’s Birk | Sklar team closed out an incredibly strong first quarter after an active 2020. In the last four months, the duo brokered 21 buildings totaling 380 units across Chicago’s south and west side neighborhoods. Partners Noah Birk and Aaron Sklar lead the team and anticipate this year’s momentum to continue to increase.
“With interest rates hovering at record lows, we are seeing incredible demand for multifamily assets. The high demand and low supply is yielding record setting prices for sellers,” said Birk. “The last six months have been the most active I have seen the South and West side markets in the last 10 years.”
Recent notable transactions include:
- South Shore Apartment — this undisclosed 70-unit apartment building sold for $5,200,000.
- 3432-40 W. Franklin Blvd. — located in South Humboldt Park, the 46-unit multifamily property sold for $3,700,000.
- 6553 S. King Dr. — located in West Woodlawn, the 24-unit multifamily property sold for $1,900,000.
- 6800 S. Merrill Ave. — located in Jackson Park, the 22-unit multifamily building sold for $1,650,000.
- 7752 S. Racine Ave. — located in Auburn Gresham, the 41-unit mixed-use property sold for $1,650,000.
- 6420 S. Kenwood Ave. — located in Woodlawn, the 14-unit multifamily building sold for $1,500,00.
- 7849-55 S. Escanaba Ave. — located in the South Shore neighborhood, this 30-unit mixed-use building sold for $1,250,000.
- 8055 S. Ada St.— located in Auburn Gresham, the 18-unit multifamily building sold for $1,110,000.
“Looking at the amount of deals we have on the market and in escrow, this year’s pace is the highest we have seen in our career,” said Skar. “In the last four months, we’ve sold nearly $30 million in deals and we are seeing the south and west sides of Chicago continue to make their way onto more and more investor’s hot lists.”
Kiser Group’s Birk | Sklar team remains the most active group of brokers throughout the Chicago multifamily market. Team members include Noah Birk, Aaron Sklar, Jack Petrando, Justin Turner, Austin Parker and Michael Yangas.