Kiser Group’s Birk | Sklar team recently brokered the sale of 6754 S. Cornell. The 12-unit building sold for $1,400,000, setting a South Shore neighborhood record price-per-unit record for an apartment sale. Partner Noah Birk and Partner Aaron Sklar represented both the buyer and seller in the transaction.
“We love seeing investment dollars pour into the south side,” said Birk. “If you would have told me about this price-per-unit a couple of years ago, I would not have believed it. With a supply of newly renovated units on the market throughout the south side, we’ve been blown away by the continued appreciation in the market.”
With six additional buildings sold in the last month and 14 deals under contract, The Birk | Sklar team remains the most active brokers throughout the Chicago multifamily market.
“Our team has been incredibly active throughout the pandemic and is on pace to have our best year,” said Sklar. “As more out-of-state and international investors continue to enter the market, we continue to see more and more record-breaking deals.”
Birk | Sklar Transactions over the past Include:
- 7700 S. Jeffery – located in the South Shore of Chicago, the 26-unit apartment building sold for $1,250,000.
- 718-728 W. 50th – located in the Back of the Yards neighborhood, the 10-unit apartment building sold for $990,000.
“We are thrilled to set another price-per-unit record in Back of the Yards,” said Sklar.
- 7006 S. Cregier – located in Jackson Park, the 11-unit apartment sold for $855,000.
- 1528 N. Avers – located in Humboldt Park, the six-unit apartment sold for $710,000.
- 7257 S. Princeton – located in the Greater Grand Crossing neighborhood, the 12-unit apartment sold for $585,000.
- 6842 S. Perry – located in Greater Grand Crossing, the six-unit apartment sold for $380,000.
Members of Kiser Group’s Birk| Sklar team include Noah Birk, Aaron Sklar, Jack Petrando, Justin Turner, Austin Parker and Michael Yangas.