Kiser Group’s Birk | Sklar team celebrated another active year with the sale of 40 buildings totaling 805 multifamily units. In the last five years, Partners Noah Birk and Aaron Sklar have sold more than 200 apartment buildings throughout Chicago’s south and west side neighborhoods.
“While 2020 presented a number of challenges throughout the real estate industry, I am incredibly proud of our team for selling 40 apartment buildings this year,” said Birk. “The demand for cash-flowing multifamily buildings is as high as I can recall, and 2020 saw the south and west sides of Chicago strongly benefit from that demand.”
Noteworthy Birk | Sklar team transactions in 2020 include:
- 7500 S. Shore, 6914 S. Clyde, 7038 S. Chappel — located in the South Shore neighborhood of Chicago, this portfolio totaling 208 units sold for $18,400,000.
- An undisclosed 70-unit apartment building in South Shore that sold for $5,200,000.
- 544 E. Oakwood — located in the Bronzeville neighborhood of Chicago, this 19-unit apartment building sold for $2,350,000.
- 7420 S. Colfax — located in the South Shore neighborhood of Chicago, this 27-unit apartment building sold for $2,025,000.
- 1015 N. Pulaski — located in the Humboldt Park neighborhood of Chicago, this 32-unit apartment building sold for $1,900,000.
“The south side of Chicago continues to be an incredibly active multifamily market. We have seen many new investors enter the market this year,” said Sklar. “Investors continue to see appreciation and rent growth throughout the area, which continues to fuel growing local, out-of-state and international investor interest.”
Kiser Group’s Birk | Sklar team remains the most active group of brokers throughout the Chicago multifamily market. Team members include Noah Birk, Aaron Sklar, Jack Petrando, Justin Turner, Austin Parker and Michael Yangas.